Monday, June 28, 2010

I Give Up

I'm a Christ-follower. Let's take notice of the obivous. I follow by choice. That's the application of being a bond-servant. So, in theory, at least, I wait for Jesus to lead out then I follow in step and go wherever he leads. Even if he takes the seemingly most ill-conceived path to get where we're going it's not my role to question, just follow.

The biggest problem I have is my ego urges me to evaluate where it appears Jesus is leading me and how he's getting us there. So, I make course corrections. I make improvements. Please try not to laugh out loud as you read the obsurdity of my logic. You can imagine how my improvements add to my stress level and frustration. I cannot believe that the life Jesus offers me is intended to have this level of stress and frustration.

It isn't. There is enough trouble living in a post-Genesis 3 world. But, in Christ that trouble is manageable. It becomes unmanageable when I veer off Jesus' course and take my own. That's when I am living my own life.

"Whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it." (Mt. 16:25).

So, I give up. I give up my life and give everything I've got to make sure Sara, Alyssa, Jason, Jared, the people of Grace, and those who cross my path really live. I have now found my life. When I pour myself into the lives of others Jesus breathes life into me.

I surrender.

1 comment:

  1. Such an encouraging word with truth I need to meditate on daily. I can't begin to tell you the number of times in my few short years of walking with Jesus that I've attempted my own go at thing with the result always ending up the same Frustration and Stress. How much we need to believe What God has said and stop Striving in our own strength.And he said unto all, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever would save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
    Luke 9:23-24 (ASV) Encouraged by you Guys Passion to Know Christ more and Praying we would all Fully Surrender.

    ReplyDelete